What do you do when someone trys to push you away?

I made out with one of my best friends and I would have liked to see if things would work out with him. He said he is attracted to me and cares for me but isn't ready. We've been just friends for 6 weeks since then. I want to stay friends, I'm not in love with him but I really care for him. Now I think he is trying to push me away. Why? I haven't pressured him. He held my hand the other day and I didn't object. I am so confused. How do I keep him as a friend? What should I say to him?

Favorite Answer

Don't do a thing. Just leave him alone, if he wants you he'll come to you. The more you bug him or try to talk to him the more he's gonna push you away. Think about it the other way around. Why would you push someone away? If you really want something or someone don't you try for it?

Men go after what they want.. belive me! You don't have to be mean.. just let him do the chasing.

• Toni A

What it is, is what it is tell him you don't want to lose the friendship and see where that gets you. Or you two can try taking it slower but don't let him push you away stand tall to him and tell him we are friends and your cool with that.

You need to ask him why is he doing it. He probably thinks you want that relationship and he got scared a little, but that is what I think, you need to ask him what made him push you away!

SOMETIMES WHEN FRIENDS CROSS THAT LINE...FRIENDSHIPS DISSAPEAR....I THINK YOU SHOULD GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANT...WHETHER ITS FRIENDSHIP OR SPACE....IF HE LIKES YOU ENOUGH THAT WAY HELL COME AROUND...KEEP YOUR OPTIONS OPEN....SHOW HIM THAT THERE ARE OTHER GUYS OUT THERE WHO WOULD LOVE TO BE IN HIS SHOES...SHOW HIM THAT YOU'RE WORTH THAT CHANCE....

GOOD LUCK TO YOU....*PEACE*

Source(s): LIFE

talk to him about this