Why does relationship advice suck?

The relationship advice gurus/ "experts" think they have it all right. Sorry, but it all seems like recycled highly idealized "conventional" wisdom without any genuine solid practical down to earth solutions for those of us who live in the real world. I've searched for advice for me in my... show more The relationship advice gurus/ "experts" think they have it all right. Sorry, but it all seems like recycled highly idealized "conventional" wisdom without any genuine solid practical down to earth solutions for those of us who live in the real world. I've searched for advice for me in my life and in my relationship and I keep reading the same stuff over and over again, and even when I apply what I read, it backfires.
Update: "Also remember if one book or person had all of the knowledge then you wouldnt need help from others which mean a lot less books would be sold. Its a circle. Why give all the information in one book when you can sell 5." Yes, I've noticed that many authors are more concerned with marketing rather... show more "Also remember if one book or person had all of the knowledge then you wouldnt need help from others which mean a lot less books would be sold. Its a circle. Why give all the information in one book when you can sell 5." Yes, I've noticed that many authors are more concerned with marketing rather than actually helping people. In fact I've written a few authors personally... Some of the responses I get are just filtered mail from the author's staff, or sensationalized letters trying to first make me believe the author cares, but then trying to sell me another book. I have gotten one good response from Steve Pavlina from stevepavlina.org, though my life hasn't really changed all that much from when I first visited the site.