Who Feels that Artificial Pre-lit Christmas Trees are Cheesy ?

Tp me, part of Christmas is putting the lights on the tree. I have always appreciated Christmas, and feel that pre-lits are the lazy way out.

I'm not saying don't have an artificial tree... Just the pre-lit thing

Favorite Answer

Our tree is approx 8 feet tall & fat (lol). (Artificial due to my horrible allergies). We put over 1,000 lights on it every year and every year I decide I want a pre-lit tree. I do not like the wires to show so we spend a lot of time hiding wires.

But, I love my tree so I know I can either bite the bullet and commit to doing the lights or get a pre-lit tree I may not like as well.

No not really!! I got a pre lit Christmas tree this year, and I also got green and blue lights to go with my color scheme I just like the extra lights on there!!!!!!! And I think my tree looks beautiful!! not cheesy!

Not me. I used to have a 9 foot artificial tree that took two days to put up and decorate! It was awful. My daughter would start to help, then she would get bored, then I'd be left to finish the tree myself. I had to have my son put the top on because I couldn't reach it, even with a ladder. I finally had enough and downsized to a 7 1/2 foot pre-lit tree last year and I'm very happy with it. It literally takes seconds to put together, minus the fluffing of the branches. To me, laziness is having a company come out to stage a tree for you.

• Cupid

I don't feel that way.. but I do think some of them look cheap. If one invests in an artificial tree, they should get a good one that looks real. I think there are a lot of older people that just don't want to hassle with a real tree every year.. it's easier for them to do a fake one. I will probably get one when I get older too. Think about all the money you save.

I would get an unlit one.. and string the lights on myself.

In general I absolutely hate them. Not as much as I hate seeing plastic Santas all over the place. On the other hand, some people can pull it off, and it is nice for people who have a hard time decorating. Most that make them work, though, add other lights, or have a good eye at decorating the rest.

I tend to like to use mostly white lights with few colored lights, and little in the way of tinsel or that type of thing. My ornaments are a collection from over the years of different colors and styles, but I like to keep the rest simple so it doesn't look to gaudy/tacky.

Most pre-lit trees are multi-colored and I think that's why I don't usually like them so much. If I saw one with just white lights, I'd probably change my mind.

Oh, I have to make a change. I was thinking about those fiber optic trees which Í think are terribly tacky. I've never seen a pre-lit before, but the idea seems nice. Sorry, my mistake.

To each his own. The artificial pre-lit are pretty, and EASY for busy people to do. The thing bad about them, to me, is what happens when it won't light up anymore???! EEEKKK!

I agree with you. I have big issues with artifical trees all together. As a kid we always trudged through the Santa Cruz mountains and cut down a tree. Picking out just the right tree, bringing it home and decorating it is a great tradition for families to have.The trees are so beautiful and give the house that christmas smell that can't be duplicated in an artificial tree. I understand older people have difficulty so I think it's fine for them to have an artificial tree. for everyone else it's just strange.

• kimmy

i tried the pre lit tree this year. i thought it would be awesome cause the lights are the part that i struggle with getting on the tree. but now that's the tree that is knocked over on it's side on the living room waiting for me to go up and fix it. UGH. i was not impressed with it because all the light wires are totally in the way. they hang up on the other branches and looks horrible. cheesy is about the nicest word out of what i've called my tree this year.

• kiwi

Yeah. Well, I put up lights up for a lot of years. I love lots of strings of blinkng lights, even tho they are trouble. And even tho, invariably, parts of the tree end up not blinking.

Then, about 4 years ago, we got a 5 1/2 foot fiber optic tree that blinks all sorts of colors. Pretty, but not the majestic tree that I'd gotten used to.

Far from the huge real trees of my youth, and even far from the artficial trees of the past 20 years. However, since it's only husband and me in a fairly small living room., The fiber optic will do. Sets up easily. I add a few glass balls, a set of old timey looking wooden ornaments & a topper, and a little tinsel, and there ya go.

• momof3

I love the fiber optic Christmas tree. The first year I got it and turned the lights in the house off it was so beautiful. I curled up on the couch and watched it.

there is no wires to mess with and it is simply gorgeous.