How do I get my dog to stop eating trash?

For the last two weeks or so, she been getting into all the trash cans and has taken a liking to eating the trash, especially food wrappers and tissue. I don't know why, and I can't reprimand her for it because I have yet to catch her in the act of fishing stuff out of the can. I always just come... show more For the last two weeks or so, she been getting into all the trash cans and has taken a liking to eating the trash, especially food wrappers and tissue.

I don't know why, and I can't reprimand her for it because I have yet to catch her in the act of fishing stuff out of the can. I always just come downstairs to find her on her doggie bed chewing on a wad of tissue

I've been trying to get the rest of my family to shut their bathroom doors and put other trash cans on top of desks, but of course they forget, and they don't listen or care.

Is there other steps I can take, or something I can spray on the trash cans to keep her away? She's a two year old lab, and she'll occasionally get into the trash, but never as often as she's been doing lately,