What's your definition of a "friend"?

How many do you have? Now read your definition and tell me how many "friends" fit that description.

dwm: You can count me as a friend. :)

• Favorite Answer

F - Fun, a person who have fun with you all the time!

R - Real good listener, a person who listens to what you have to say and share your problems

I - Innocence, a person who show innocence when being your friend, no hidden agenda!

E - Enemy, u would ask why but a friend cant just follow what you say like a cow, this person is free to voice out his opinions if he is do not agree with your way of thinking.A person that is not afraid to tell you what is wrong.

N - Nice, a friend should be a nice person and not being cynical and selfish all the time.

D - Dedicated and willing to do anything for friendship!

I have only two friends who fit the description.

I feel like its somebody that is there for you through thick and through thin. Has a shoulder for you to cry on and has an ear to listen when you are so happy that you can't sit still. Someone that Knows as much about you as you do. Someone that you can tell anything to in confidence. Someone that laughs with you and at you and cries with you too. I think its one of the best feelings in the world!

Not many, but wish that I felt this way about more. I'd feel pretty darned good.

• Beth

According to the people I've been meeting and getting to know over the last few years....

definition of "friend" - backstabbing, hypocritical, lying, cheating, etc... I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

I've read the definition, and it fits two people in particular..perfectly!

I don't need any friends. I could live 500 lifetimes without them, and still be as happy and content as I am today. I have my husband, kids, family and some acquaintances.

Source(s): My favorite bumper sticker: "The more I meet people, the more I like my dog." (It says cat, but I have a dog...so I changed it to dog.)
  • Music

someone who will not ditch me for a guy at a bar

someone who goes on a crazy road trips with me

someone who I can spill my heart to and they won't tell anyone

someone that I completely respect.

how many friends do I have? Honestly 5 or 6. There's plenty of people I talk to but 5-6 real friends.

A friend is there for you through thick and thin. No questions asked balls to the wall kinda thing. a friend will also TRY an keep you out of trouble, but if you decide to get in it, there right beside you. A friend doesn't abandon you, like them e-mails say, a friend will call you while your in jail, a true friend is next to you laughing it up.

I have many friends, but only a few are "good" friends.

Friend - someone who is there for you when you need them the most.

I have about 2 or 3 of those.

Source(s): 911

a friend is somebody trustworthy and caring, sweet and loyal, accepting and willing to listen, adaptable and will deal with your bad moods, will pick up the pieces of your heart when your girlfriend breaks and scatters them, will cry beside you and laugh with you, will comfort you when you are down, is not superficial or stereotypical, and loves you just as much as you love them.

How many do i have? .....lemme count..... like 34.....

How many fit that definition? two. My two best friends---Avery and Gill.

• John

I know a lot of people, but I only have three friends, wife not included in that number. A friend is someone whom you can talk to and not hear the story back from someone else. It is someone you can trust to leave in care of your pets. A friend is definitely someone who you can call at 3AM upset and they will talk to you. And last, but not least, a friend is someone you can trust to take your girlfriend home.

A person that you can call any time for help. Some one you can tell every thing to.

I don't have friends except my husband. The rest are aquintances that I talk to. I don't trust any body.When you have friends it seems like all they want to do is take, never give in return.

A friend is someone who is always there in good or bad times.I have 2 good friends who fit that description.