Left Abdominal pain.. heartburn, serious bloating after I eat?

I was wondering if there are any disorders or diseases that a pelvic and abdominal cat scan would not show? I recently got both scans done and my result came back normal. I have have severe pains in my left side. My abdominal region has become increasingly larger over the past 5 months and when I eat I become very... show more I was wondering if there are any disorders or diseases that a pelvic and abdominal cat scan would not show? I recently got both scans done and my result came back normal. I have have severe pains in my left side. My abdominal region has become increasingly larger over the past 5 months and when I eat I become very bloated, more so than the now "normal" from these changes. I have also experienced mild pains in my lower back, due to my kidneys, they feel hard and like i need someone to massage them. This is nothing compared to the pains in my left side but Iam slightly concerned. My doctor can feel the bloating more in my left side and ordered the 2 scans and a pelvic ultrasound. I refused to do the internal ultrasound because I just wasnt comfortable with it. If anyone has any advice of this matter it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!