How does the sugar concentration effect alcohol fermentation?

I was doing a lab at school to study alcohol fermentation. Basically, we added yeast solution to different concentrations of molasses and then measured the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the solutions at the end of the day. All the data looks fine except for the fact that 100% molasses had very little carbon... show more I was doing a lab at school to study alcohol fermentation. Basically, we added yeast solution to different concentrations of molasses and then measured the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the solutions at the end of the day. All the data looks fine except for the fact that 100% molasses had very little carbon dioxide which means that fermentation did go on very well with that solution. Isn't it good that the yeast has so much sugar to work with???!?!?! Does adding too much sugar stop fermentation? If yes, why?!?!?!?!! Is there a website that explains all this?!?!?!
1 answer 1