How to apply blush or bronzer??

I have NO idea how to apply blush or bronzer. I have a medium skin tone so I think bronzer is better for me, is it? Well, i have no idea where the "apples" of my cheeks are!! lol. i'm clueless! since my mom doesn't really use makeup that much, she doesnt know either!! :P Can you please help me? videos or Step-byStep instructions would help. Thank you!!

Best Answer

look in the mirror & smile, the 2 round spots on either side are the apples of your cheeks - that's where you apply blush. bronzer is dusted lightly along the cheekbones, above the brow bone, and across the bridge of the nose.

Bronzer is used to highlight the face and add color to your face. Apply the bronzer where the sun would naturally hit. This is usually a swipe across the forehead very lightly. And then across the cheeks and bridge of the nose. Dust a little on the chin and neck to bring the color together.

You can use a blush along with your bronzer. A bronzer is more of an allover face color but blush will add the pop of freshness. Applying blush is very simple. Smile so the apple of your cheeks will show. This is where your cheeks pop up. Dust your blush brush lightly into the powder and tap off the excess powder. Dab it lightly on the cheeks and blend it towards the ears. This will help make your cheekbones stand out more. Always blend up and use a light hand.

apples of your cheeks are the most prominent fleshy part of your cheeks (the parts that ball up when you smile).

bronzer evens out skin tone without having to apply foundation. don't use too much bronzer. different ways to apply bronzer: in a VERY small amount either:

-all over your face, or

-you can concentrate on the places where the light hits your face, or

-use it to contour your face, like put it under cheekbones.

you can also put bronzer on the chestbone.

you can use bronzer and blush at the same time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kze45o1eg84

Youtube thumbnail

you don't need the same products she has but notice where she's applying them.

For healthy, natural color, nothing beats blush. However, blush tends to overused as well. To avoid looking like a clown, try these steps to choosing blush & applying it.

First choose the color using nature as your guide. According to InStyle, the trick is to find a color that matches your cheeks when they're flushed after exercise or being out in the cold. For a quick test, 'spank' your cheeks & use the resulting color as a guide. (I suggest doing this in the comfrot of your home away from other people, wink). Another trick is to match your lip color. Fair skin looks great in rose, olive in peach & dark skin in apricot or even red.

Now that you have the color, choose the right formula for your skin type. Powder is typically best for oily & combo skin. Cream is great for dry skin. Liquid and gel are great for oily skin. For even better results, combine cream & powder together.

Keep in mind stains -- great for well-moisturized skin, not dry skin -- tend to dry very fast so blend well & fast.

Apply foundation, eye color & lipstick. While blush is usually your 2nd-to-last makeup step (before powder), you should experiment with what works best for you. Some makeup artists like to apply blush BEFORE foundation for a more 'natural' look.

Throw out the freebie 'Barbie-size' blush brush that comes with the blush. Use a professional full brush instead (I like MAC's blush brush No. 116), but don't use the same brush you use for your powder.

Put the blush on your brush, tapping off any excess or put a dab of gel on your fingers.

Look into the mirror and smile. This helps you figure out where the 'apple' (apple = chubby part of your cheeks when you smile to either side of your nose) of your cheek is.

Since you want a healthy flush, it's best to apply blush only to apples of your cheeks. Keep color light & blended.

If you've gone a bit too heavy on the powder blush, a bit of translucent powder over it will calm it down. For cream blush, blot the color off with a tissue. Since gel & liquid blush 'stain' the cheeks, the only way to lighten them is it wash your face, moisturize and reapply your makeup, this time more sparingly.

Finish your look with a sweep of translucent powder.

Extra tip: For a sun-kissed sheen dab bronzer powder on your forehead, chin & nose BEFORE you apply the blush. To make sure it doesn't look like a stripe, use "a big brush & a light hand,"

Those with darker skin tones should try a caramel-color bronzer (not orange) paired with a yellow-based blush

Minimal makeup is important.

Most people find that people with too much makeup are unattractive,

For bronzer, Just put a bit on the apples of your cheeks,

Which is , when you smile, the roundish circlish shape you will get on your cheeks.

Make sure not to put too much or it won't look good.

Hope that helps.

Bronzer first

I use bronzer because I have a medium to dark complection, I use a big blush brush and swirl it in the bronzer, not too much though and I use it all over my face. It's easy!!

I don't wear it, but my daughter looks in the mirror, sucks in her cheeks, and applies the blush on the round apple of the cheek. She always looks perfect so I think this may work for you. Try it.

Try this website. It has really good instructions. Apples of your cheeks are the fleshy parts when u smile

well basically when you smile you can see the part that goes up under your eyes. Thats where you put blush, so its easier if you smile while you put it on so you can see where to do it.

Bronzer is also good for medium skin but you can put it wherever you want almost like a cover up....hope i helped!