I need help putting an excel spreadsheet into an access database...?
I want to use the contact management template available for access...but I am having difficulty importing the spreadsheet info into it...help!
- TheHumbleOneLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Excel – Access − Exchange, Import, Export Data
There are several ways to exchange data between Microsoft Office Access and Microsoft Office Excel.
· To bring data into Excel from Access, you can copy data from an Access datasheet and paste it into an Excel worksheet, connect to an Access database from an Excel worksheet, or export Access data into an Excel worksheet.
· To bring data into Access from Excel, you can copy data from an Excel worksheet and paste it into an Access datasheet, import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, or link to an Excel worksheet from an Access table.
· The word import has two different meanings between Excel and Access. In Excel, the word import means to make a permanent connection to data that can be refreshed. In Access, the word import means to bring data into Access once, but without a data connection.
· You cannot save an Excel workbook as an Access database. Neither Excel nor Access provides functionality to create an Access database from Excel data.
Excel to Access
Excellent link. A tad long. Will explain everything.
- newton3010Lv 61 decade ago
Just open it with Access......it will do its best to integrate the data and then you just go in and fix it up....
make sure the file type is set to xls files...
- 5 years ago
Write VBA code, using ADO.