what does this mean i heard someone say it.....he doesn't dig minorities

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Dr Bob
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Clever People?"

If he said it in a derogatory fashion, he's someone who doesn't like to be wrong... Even if he is.

Clever:

Pronunciation:

\ˈkle-vər\

Function:

adjective

Etymology:

Middle English cliver, perhaps of Scandinavian origin; akin to Danish dialect kløver alert, skillful

Date:

circa 1595

1 a: skillful or adroit in using the hands or body : nimble <clever fingers> b: mentally quick and resourceful <a clever young lawyer>2: marked by wit or ingenuity...

In other words, he is referring to anyone who makes him look stupid, which, I suspect, is nearly everyone who doesn't agree with him.

• 1 decade ago

Clever people... means someone who's bright, or sharp... smart in a creative way. Anyway... what does this have to do with digging minorities or not?

Alright, after reading everyone else's replies it's clear I'm not getting something here...

• 1 decade ago

On the surface of it, he sounds racist. But ask yourself why he said this. Could it be because the majority of people suffer short shrift because minorities seem to always get the better deal?

Source(s): Experience
  • its supposed to be ironic, cause people think that the slang use of "dig" is used by minorities, so the person who said it is either funny or confused

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • zoee_d
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Perhaps this person isn't attracted to minorities or is simply a racist

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that doesnt mean his racists! jesus christ it just means hes good in a sticky sutuation like thinking of different things other people wouldnt. getting out of little trouble doing weird things. thats clever not racist! god damn you people are rediculous!

• 1 decade ago

He does not like people that are not middle class and white.

• 1 decade ago

Yep sounds like a racist implication!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Prejudiced 'Hippie'? Not likely. In fact - rara avis.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He doesn't like people who look different than he does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.