What to serve as a side-dish?

I'm making tater tot casserole tonight for my cousin, his wife, and their 2 year old. It has Tater Tots, hamburger, cream of chicken soup, mixed veggies, and cheddar cheese in it. I know this is not a gourmet meal, but my husband has mentioned it several times to them and they'd like to try it. I'm... show more I'm making tater tot casserole tonight for my cousin, his wife, and their 2 year old. It has Tater Tots, hamburger, cream of chicken soup, mixed veggies, and cheddar cheese in it. I know this is not a gourmet meal, but my husband has mentioned it several times to them and they'd like to try it. I'm stumped as to what to serve with the meal though... it already has starch, protein, veggies, and dairy... I was thinking maybe some sort of roll or garlic bread, and a waldorf salad, but it seems kind of complex to go with a busy casserole... any suggestions of a good side-dish?
Update: Just as a note, my waldorf salad recipe has broccoli in it.