What is your favorite novel/book and why?

What makes a great novel/book great? Would you recommend others to read it?

Favorite Answer

I dont have 1 but here are a few:

dark rivers of the heart - dean koontz

the talisman - stephen king

choke - chuck palahniuk

Ireland - Frank Delaney

and the first 5 books or the dark tower series(before king f*cked them up).

they are all really good stories that I really enjoyed and would recommend to others.

My favorite book is "The Time Travelers Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger.

It's ultimately a love story between Claire and Henry, but it has an interesting twist that I haven't seen before. Henry is a time traveler. He is not consciously in control of his time traveling and can't do so at will. His time travel typically occurs when he's severely stressed.

This makes for an interesting premise because Henry travels back in time and meets Claire when she's a little girl. She's grown up all her life knowing Henry, but Henry isn't aware Claire exists until he's 28 and Claire finds him in real time. It's a very interesting dynamic that Niffenegger plays off here.

I love this book because, not only is it unique, but every time I read it, I get lost in it. Even though I know what's going to happen, I'm still surprised and devastated by the end of the book when Henry 'completes' his time traveling. I won't say more because I don't want to spoil the book for those who haven't read it. It's a great read and I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys love stories.

• Dave

For modern day fiction - I personally enjoyed Roses are Red by James Patterson. It was the first novel I ever read by Patterson (now I'm a huge fan of him). He's fast pace - exciting - and the ending was literally a killer of a cliffhanger.

I woud recommend it to others if they enjoy murder mysteries. Of course if they enjoy this genre, they probably already read it.

For literature overall - I enjoyed Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger; and Saturday Night and Sunday Morning by Alan Sillitoe. I would recommend both.

But it's really hard for me to choose. I just enjoy all books!

• ?

i could ought to interrupt it down by type. Classics: Goethe's Faust present day: unusual Thomas Sci-Fi: The Ender series fantasy: it truly is a puzzling one. I examine an embarrassing quantity of fantasy. probable Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Westerns: Who can proper Louis L`Amour's stuff (they're all an similar tale. basically informed in a special way and nicely) Horror: Stephen King's The Stand Jeepers! i'm leaving too many out. Time to provide up.

I liked reading Julius Caesar thogh my friends didnt like seeing the movie at all.So i would say,it depends from person to person

My other favourites are

Pride and Prejudice

Sense and Sensibility

David Copperfield

Jane Eyre

Wuthering Heights

Shall we tell the President?

Harry Potter and the goblet of fire

Pickwick Papers

See,it varies from person to person.I like reading all classics,detective storeis and children storeis too.What makes a good book is that it touches your heart and relaxes your mind.