Can dry mold still be a problem?

In July I had a roof leak. The leak was repaired quickly, but had mold/water damage in two rooms. The contractor was to remove the walls and treat for mold and replace them with mold resistant wallboarding. It's now a month later, and the mold test came back positive. (No, I haven't paid the whining... show more In July I had a roof leak. The leak was repaired quickly, but had mold/water damage in two rooms. The contractor was to remove the walls and treat for mold and replace them with mold resistant wallboarding. It's now a month later, and the mold test came back positive. (No, I haven't paid the whining contractor yet.)
Can dry mold still be an issue for me and my allergies? Since the contractor didn't remove enough of the walls, the entire job needs to be redone...from scratch and I can't fathom thinking about that, I haven't fully recovered from the first repairs.
What I need to know is if time will end the mold issue or not. The area has been dry for months now.
Update: I paid the contractor half of the fee, and he was hired to remove the mold. He did that on what he removed, but failed to remove enough is what I think. (Another non related issue is he was to provide a letter of the roofing sheathing failure for my builder, so the warranty would reimburse me.) Anyway, contractor... show more I paid the contractor half of the fee, and he was hired to remove the mold. He did that on what he removed, but failed to remove enough is what I think. (Another non related issue is he was to provide a letter of the roofing sheathing failure for my builder, so the warranty would reimburse me.) Anyway, contractor did not remove the mold, as hired to do, which is why he hasn't been fully paid. You pay them and they disappear and I will end up paying another contractor for the same thing! ;)

The entire area is sealed up, and even what was not removed, but painted with kilz.

There are no more wet areas. The a/c ducts are slick aluminum and nothing accumulates there. I do have an ionizer air cleaner running in that room, and changed the a/c filters on the house system every 3 days during the process.