I am planning to travel and see each state of the United States. I need some recommendations from each state.

Please tell me the best place to see in your state. I hope to get some input from each state. I want this to be the dream trip come true of my lifetime. I will give a 10 to the one who can describe best the most frequented point of interest in his state. Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

OK, here's what I got:

North Dakota: The Peace Gardens, up by Canada; or the Badlands off I-94 in Medora.

South Dakota: Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills

Minnesota: The Mall of America

Wisconsin: Lambeau Field in Green Bay

Montana: The Rocky Mountains, pretty much anywhere.

Wyoming: Devil's Tower, Yellowstone Park

Oregon: Crater Lake, Portland

Washington: Mt. St. Helens

California: San Diego beaches, San Diego Zoo

Oklahoma: Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial

Texas: The Alamo

New Mexico: Roswell

Arizona: Tucson, to see the national park with the giant cacti

Colorado: Vail, to see how the other half lives

Utah: Arches National Park

Nevada: Las Vegas, or Lake Tahoe

Idaho: Lake Coeur D'Alene

Nebraska: Gosh, I don't know! Nothing there!

Missouri: The Arch in St. Louis, Anheuser Busch Brewery

Tennessee: Graceland, Grand Ol' Opry

Kentucky: Corvette Plant in Bowling Green

Indiana: Childhood home of Michael Jackson, Notre Dame University touchdown Jesus

Iowa: Not much there, either!

Ohio: The lakeshore in Cleveland is pretty, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Michigan: The ghettoes in Detroit, a beautiful shopping center in Troy

New York: Niagara Falls

Pennsylvania: Philadelphia (the liberty bell); also, tour a vineyard in Western PA

Mississippi: Casinos on the coast

Alabama: Mobile Bay

Louisiana: New Orleans Jazz

Florida: Sanibel Island

South Carolina: Charleston

Georgia: Pick your own peaches, in late August

New Hampshire: At the border near Canada, go to the weather station....worst weather in the nation.

Massachusetts: Cape Cod, Boston's "Big Dig"

Connecticut: Go in fall to see the fall colors.

That's all I got!!

Source(s): I have been to all of these....most are very cool!

Whew, that's one heck of a trip, how long are you allowing to do that? Or are you taking multiple trips?

As for my home state...New York:

New York City! I can't even start getting into specifics, because that would take forever.

Still, New York isn't just about NYC. We have Long Island, which has some pretty parts. Go north, and there's the Catskills and the Hudson River Valley. Beautiful region. Go farther up, and you're in the Adirondacks! Or, get a look at the Finger Lakes region (especially in the fall!). Great scenery, and plenty of wineries. You'll also find the Baseball Hall of Fame up there. Go even farther west, and you're looking at the beauty of Niagara Falls!

Still, even with all of that, I never get tired of being at home here in New York City. As a tourist, allow at least a few days here.

I had to laugh at Dull_Girl's answer about North Dakota. I actually enjoyed my drive through there this summer on the way to Alaska. We did get out of the car, and took plenty of pictures of one of the best sky displays we saw on the whole four-week trip. I know what you're saying, though, it is kind of flat there.

Speaking of Alaska, gorgeous gm, are you planning on doing all 50, or just the lower 48? I do strongly recommend including at least Alaska, take a drive up the Alaska Highway. Still, that's a big trip in its own right; allow a few weeks for that. It is WORTH it, though. The poster Former housewife is dead-on with that suggestion.

Source(s): 49-state US road tripper, life-long New Yorker.

Washington State. Don't miss Seattle. While your there explore the Puget Sound by ferry, especially some of the smaller towns and islands. Within a few hours of Seattle you'll find the Olympic Nat'l Rain Forest which will put you on the Pacific Ocean. South and East of Seattle is Mt. Rainier and on your way there you can take Hwy 12 and visit the volcanic devastation of Mt. St. Helens. Southern Washington shares the Columbia Gorge Nat'l Scenic Area with Oregon. All worth seeing

Well, I'll warn you in advance that there's NOTHING to see in North Dakota. NOTHING.

It's just a state to drive through between Montana (Glacier National Park) and Minnesota (Mall of America). Do not get out of the car!

When You come to California you should go to San Fransisco it is a lot of fun! You could go to China town and Pier 39. I hope you have a fun trip. My family and I went on a road trip across the United States and we had a blast!!!

Well I currently live in Texas and most people come to see either six flags or the rodeo. I use to live in Alaska and if you plan on going there you should see the earthquake museum in Anchorage or Denali national park. And don't forget to see the Northern lights if your there.

I can not tell you every state, but the Paso Robles area in Ca.. This is a good area. The Garden of the Gods in Co. this is a good place to visit as well. You can also get good tips at freeway restaurants as you go...

you should most defenatley come to California! start up in San Fransico,its wicked cold in the winter but its pretty with all the xmas lights...make your way down the L.A area, excellent for shopping,clubing,amazing restraunts, and sight seeing! but one thing you must do is San Diego we have beautiful beaches! and hey how nows you might want to head down to mexico...its the ultimate party experince!

whatever you decided to dobe safe amd have fun!

WHY MUST I REMIND YOU OF THE RULES??? WHEN GOING ON AN ADVENTURE YOU HAVE TO TAKE ME W/ YOU!!! GEEZ...HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS? WHAT'S GOING ON W/ THAT MEMORY OF YOURS??? LOL...I'M JEALOUS! WELL, I LIVE IN BUFFALO, NEW YORK...YOU'LL FREEZE IF YOU COME HERE!!! GOOD LUCK HAVE A SAFE TRIP!!!;)