My grandma had a FIT because I threw out a used paper plate sitting on the counter ... do u re-use ur plates?

She got all upset, telling me that she gets 8-10 uses out of it... she only uses it for her sandwiches, and says it is still clean.

Do you re-use your paper plates, or know anyone that does?

Favorite Answer

wow, that's pretty bad!! no, i don't!!

Yeah. My mom developed a stomach ulcers a long time ago, and I think it's from disrespecting herself this way. She always was eating foods that were just going bad . . while the other ones would be bad by the time she got to -them-. She re-used pp's. I could hardly throw anything away. I'd get such a retarded crazy lecture. I know I had food poisoning often, as a kid. I remember having a stomach ache often. Glad I made it through being the kid of a retard.

YOU.. have to realize.... that PROBABLY.... Your Grandmother... Lived-Though... The Great Depression of the Early 1900'S!

Some Recovered... and Some... did not... As was My Grandmother... before she died!

And.... " NOT "... the Bacteria that grow from Food Stuffs.... will do more harm !

NEVER.... NEVER... use a Paper Plate....! You may cure your Grandmother... by Asking... " Would you reuse... Toilet Paper.... Or... Paper Napkins ?"

That ... WORD PICTURE.... will convey the Gravity of Cross Contamination... of Food Stuffs !

Thanks for Asking! RR

• elizabeth3 years agoReport

But, my mom -would- re-use paper napkins, and, does. Not tp, thank God. She has no concept of sanitation. Puts her stirring spoon for tea, down on bed, then picks up, and, re-stirs. If not for me . . she'd wash that bedcover annually. Folds her laundry on the living-room floor. WTF ? ! Retarded ?

• tbm

ROFLMAO. Yes - my mom was like that. I once made the mistake of wrapping my sandwich in a FREEZER bag instead of a sandwich bag and thought I would never hear the end of it. When I was a little girl I had to bring my sandwich bags home from my sack lunch. If I didn't - I didn't get a sandwich the next day. God I haven't thought about that in years. Thank you. ♥

• elizabeth3 years agoReport

I had my "sandwiches" (if that's what you wanna call them), in vegetable produce bags from the grocery store. My, "lunch bag" was, the big grocery store paper bag, standard size, folded, or, rolled, at the top. And, I wondered why my bestfriend's mom wouldn't let her spend the night.

They point of a paper plate is to use it and throw it away. If she wants to re use plates, she should use real plates. I use mine once and throw it away.

Some people if they lived through the depression are very cheap. My grandmother tried to reuse depends.

Don't discount the lessons you can learn from the depression babies or the children they have raised. It seems gross to you but she still remembers strict frugality that your generation hopefully will never know.

My husband uses one for about a week for his toast. My next door neighbor washes the plastic coated ones. I say what's the point then?

Never, but do not throw also sitting at a place. Those who can't afford must not use them. At least I have not seen using them except beggars.

no,never even use paper plates,my wife doesnt like them

I throw mine out after one use