promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
atmadick asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What will happens if Missouri, and West Virginia Lose? Who will be play in BCS championship game?

Ok. if Missouri and West Virginia lose Are we going to have Ohio State Vs Georgia.. Georgia isn't even the SEC championship.. SEC championship will be LSU/Tennessee Winner.. if LSU win, I don't think it can jump from #7 to #2..oh and don't forget about Virginia Tech too...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It probably will be OSU v Georgia... though I think Kansas would be more deserving as the only other 1 loss team....

There was a non - conference champion in NC game in 2001,, Nebraska lost to Colorado in last game of year, didnt go to Big12 title game('00), then miraculously was voted #2 and went to and got blown out in the Rose Bowl (was NC game that year) by Miami. So Georgia would probably be it, though I think Kansas more deserving

IF LSU wins SEC,,, that would hurt GA SoS, since they lost to Tennessee.

Now a Mizzou loss to Oklahoma would not hurt Kansas as it would be a 2nd loss to same team and 2nd games dont count in SOS figurings... So Kansas should be LSU fans, Oklahoma fans and Pitt fans,,, then they might jump over Georgia and make it in..

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It could be OSU vs. Kansas or USC. If LSU loses the SEC championship game and VT loses, it is quite possible. If LSU wins that should put them at least above Georgia but VT would have to lose in order for them to get into the BCS title game. Alot of what ifs but it could get interesting.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only issue I have is Ohio being #3 which I dont think has been earned. I am not a fan but I honestly think that if LSU kills Tenn in the SEC title game, they should jump Ohio, the same could be said for VT, if they beat BC soundly (I dont think they will) then they should leap Ohio. I dont think when your last two games are a defeat and a lackluster win against an also ran, that you should be #3 just because. According to the schedule strength, Florida had among the very toughest schedules and I would bet they would kill Ohio, Kansas (fun to watch btw), VT and maybe a couple others ranked above them too.

• Kino
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

OSU vs LSU if they win the SEC championship. if Tenn wins the SEC OU.

Georgia could slip in there at any point however but this last game on the schedule against tough opponents will put either Mizzou, LSU or OU into the game.

WV can only lose and in an upset to unranked team as we have seen time and time again this year. If they do OSU will take their spot.

Going to be fun.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if mizzou and wv both lose then ohio state will move up by default and either virginia tech or georgia will move up to the second spot because vt has to play bc for a bowl and bc is a good team but it might not be enough and georgia might move up by default also.

• 1 decade ago

Probably Georgia Vs. Ohio State. They mayy not be the conference champion but thats how the system works and they do have a better record then tennesse.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope. It will Georgia verses a pathetic Ohio State team....

• 1 decade ago

yea probably ohio st. and georgia. it doesn't matter georgia isn't in the sec championship game...they will get in by str. of schedule. i still think hawaii should get a chance...

• 1 decade ago

If Missouri loses to OU in the Big 12, then OU would trump Georgia.

• 1 decade ago

any combination pretty much guarantees there will be at least one team in the NC game that doesn't deserve to be there. if missouri and wvu win this weekend, there'll be two.

*_*

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.