How much do you pay your maid, houseboy, and/or driver?

Favorite Answer

2000 per month for any of them out of manila

3000 per month for any of them in manila

• ken

Assuming this is a question for the Philippines, it really depends on your status...

i know people on the lower social classes having maids for P 800 a month

more middle class people are paying at the P 2000 - P 4000 range for maids and houseboys.

some rich people i know pay P 8000 - P 20000 for their maids and yayas (these yayas and maids tend to value their jobs more and stay very loyal and hardworking)

Drivers range from P 5,000 - P 10,000 in general.

*all the salaries listed assumes they are "stay-in" workers.

My lola employed a houseboy to keep her company. Basically, his job is to clean the house, wash the dishes, make sure the lawn and everything inside the fence is clean (we have lots of fruit-bearing trees and a huge vegetable patch) and cook rice (in a crude kusina using firewood). My lola pays him 1500 but she also pays for his tuition and pitches in when he has major school projects.

the maid / houseboy- P2000 starting and increasing the longer the stay up to P5000 depending on the task load

the driver - P3000 starting and increasing the longer the stay and depending on the work hours he renders in day or week, there are times you have to drive till wee hours in the morning...

I have only a maid, she takes something about 500-1000.

• ericka

25 pesos per hour. i only need help for the laundy. i don't use washing machine, its power is too strong for the clothes so every 2 weeks, i get someone to wash my clothes for 25 pesos a month well, if she makes 200 pesos a day, that is already more than enough. snacks and lunch is already free.

I pay my part time live out driver P2,500 a month and pay his Philhealth premiums.

Source(s): Lived in the Philippines since 2002.

It depends on experience, qualification and charisma.

maid - php3k

driver - php4.5k

boy - we don't have one

Source(s): my mom
  • exodus

2000pesos/month