How can fatigue affect the quality of life of a person suffering from anemia and other hematologic disease?

Favorite Answer

Greetings, well it affects your life because you are so tired and run down feeling. If your count gets really low you can fall asleep at the wheel of the car or even die.

I have lymphedema, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, anemia, thyroid and other issues and I have to tell you, being tired all the time is no picnic. You have to weigh the odds of doing things.

For me, I have to decide whether I want to go shopping or to a party or even clean house on any given day because it wipes you out to the point you have to go to bed and sleep. I don't have much of a social life because of all the chronic conditions. I have to get B complex shots all the time to try to fight the anemia and the worse part is not knowing why I have it. What did cancer or treatments do to me to cause it?