What causes one to have spasms in the neck, ribs, chest around the heart?

I have been having spasms around my heart, ribs on right side under the arm, neck area on both sides of the head around the ears. My face draws up, can't breath on the spasms around the ribs, but worse around the heart. Almost like I am having a heart attack.

Favorite Answer

Your description is highly suggestive of a considerable postural discrepancy. One which compresses the ribs on one side and allows contact with the intercostal nerve. Is a very sharp pain and will stop the inhaling process when taking a deep breath. The spasms of the neck and face is highly suggestive of a very progressed inflammatory process to involve sufficient nerve irritation to bring about the contracture of the musculature of the face.

The auricular nerve goes from the neck and over the ear. This being one of the cranial nerves..There is, no doubt, other of the cranial nerves are involved. Should the neck spasms be that .prominent

What have you done for this condition so far? Have you even had it checked yet? You need to have the heart condition ruled out first.. If for no other reason than to give you some peace of mind.