jkl
jkl asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

do u read 4 entertainment?

i do

what do u read

Favorite Answer

Absolutely.

I love to read.

Some of my favourites are: The 44 Scotland Street Series (44 Scotland Street, Espresso Tales and Love over Scotland) by Alexander McCall Smith - very witty observations on humanity, so many different personalities. I love them.

McCall Smith has also written a series set in Botswana which I love, I have read them all, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. Don't be put off by the title, it's really more about values, a delightful series.

I also love Rosamunde Pilcher's The Shell Seekers and also September, they are both really good.

I love crime fiction, anything by Mary Higgins Clark, and at the moment I'm reading a wonderful book "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham, it's actually not really fiction, although it reads like a novel, but it's the tale of a terrible miscarriage of justice in small town Ada - I had seen a documentary on the case and decided to read Grisham's book. It's captivating.

I love reading most things, but the only genres I've never really taken to are horror and sci-fi. I have 4 kids and read A LOT to them, they beg for it, and I love to oblige! The things we've most enjoyed reading together are The Harry Potter Series, Cornelia Funke's Dragon Rider, and The Septimus Heap series - enjoyable for all ages, we're lucky adults with kids having a great excuse to revisit myth and fantasy.

I also read for entertainment and as an escape. I love reading. I would recommend Harry Potter books, they are superb.

I sometimes like hot n heavy romance novels, but only once every few months. I like suspenseful and adventurous books mainly.

Yes, I read for entertainment. What I read varies. I like historical fiction (particulary the Shaaras), Washington Irving, Edgar Allan Poe, non-fiction (with a lean towards WWII and the American Civil War), ghost stories, mythology, Star Wars, cookbooks (yes I read cookbooks for entertainment, particulary reproductions of historic cookbooks), etc.

i do read for entertainment. I have the ability to put myself right in the pages and it is like a movie in my head. I read almost anything, but my fave author is Diana Gabaldon and her "Outlander" series. I have read all of Stephen King, all of Agatha Christie, all of Kurt Vonnegut, most of Anne Rice but I became disillusioned with her later works. I have also read all of Janet Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum series; all of Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone series. I do read stand alone books, but if I like an author I will read all of their works. Right now I am reading "Wicked - the life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West" and I like it pretty well, so I am going to try and find the other books that he has written.

Yes, but I also read for information and education.

I have a library of good reads for entertainment (much better than television by far) but I also have shelves of books schooling me in the arts as well. Sculpture, wood working, metallurgy, anatomy, the Renaissance, history of Canada, and Celtic/European civilizations. But there are manuals for research like timber and woodcuts, tools and maintenance, handbooks of materials and techniques as well.

I have a whole selection on Artists and their works they are called coffee table books but I've found great information in them.

I also have two shelves set aside for my Bible and books related to the study of God's word.

Oh ...and a whole slew of books on flight and planes!! Love those ones.

But still...I do read for entertainment.

i read just about anything i can get my hands on. Lately i have been reading alot of elizabeth Lowell. I cant seem to put those books down. Nora Roberts was the last author i couldn't stop reading

I read for entertainment and as an escape.

i read for entertainment and because its a good way to get away from the troubles of the real world without rotting your brain like TV does :)

I read for entertainment and to gain knowledge. I love suspense novels, mysteries, self-help and non-fiction.

Yes

Historical Fiction, and anything on the new book shelf that looks interesting (then I go back and read the other stuff the author has written).