Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are frequently ask questions, of parents with preschoolers with Down syndrome?

Such as will my child ever learn?

Will he make friends?

If there is other questions please answer?

Favorite Answer

It will probably will be "How will you present information to my child?" and also: "Will you give me tips on how to help my child at home?" "Will you teach my child to interact with others?"

It is hard to predict the questions of parents, but please be prepared for all. If you don't know the answer, then say, " I don't have the answer for that right now, but I will find out and get back to you." Parents of Down Syndrome are just like the rest of the parents, if not more, they just want their child to learn to the best of their of ability.

Rest assured your child WILL learn, and will definitely make friends. The biggest question I would ask his teacher is how you can help him to learn. Everyone learns in their own unique way and the key is to find out what works best for your child. A teacher with experience in this area should be able to help you learn how to help your child. Good luck!!

I have worked with Down Syndrome children for 3 years. I love them to bits.

They will learn, I have had 4 of my Down syndrome pupils go onto highschool (mainstream) then onto college.

The biggest issue is patience. Give them that extra time. Trust me, it will pay off in the end.