How do you get oil based paint stains out of jeans?
I accidentally spilled yellow oil paint on my jeans!! Can anyone tell me how to remove it?
- Anonymous1 decade agoBest Answer
We consulted our Stain Buster guide and found the following information about removing oil based paint from fabric. Please see below and we hope this helps!
For fresh stains
1. Scrape off excess paint.
2. Using a clean white cloth, blot up as much paint as possible.
3. Rinse. DO NOT let the fabric dry.
4. Place the stain face down on a stack of white paper towels or cloths. Blot with turpentine. Tamp the stain to help break up the paint. Repeat, replacing the paper towels or cloth until no more paint can be removed.
5. Treat the remaining stain with liquid hand dishwashing detergent and soak overnight.
6. Rinse well.
8. If the stain remains, treat with a prewash stain remover and launder again.
For old stains
1. Soften the stain by treating it with the product the paint manufacturer recommends for thinning the paint (check the paint can's label).
2. Once the paint has softened, treat as for fresh stains, Steps 2 to 8 above.
For other stain solutions, check out our online Stain Buster tool: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/stains?src=sy...Source(s): goodhousekeeping.com
- furlongLv 43 years ago
initially, comprehend that it might desire to no longer artwork, based how a lot have been given on, etc. Then, placed some dishwashing (no longer dishwasher, because it incorporates bleach commonly) detergent mixed with water interior the sink or bath, and enable them to soak for some hours. while you're worried with reference to the denims getting ruined from that, in basic terms placed some dishwashing detergent on the spot for a pair hours, and wash as ordinary--i'm assuming this is with the help of a pocket or something, so it does no longer be completely great if it did no longer come out each of how. stable success...and be happy that they weren't Rock and Republic denims:) those are like $4 hundred!!!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
acetone will work for oil based paint.