John Howard and Peter Costello?

I understand that John Howard had planned for Treasurer Peter Costello to be his successor. Now that John Howard lost the elections, is Peter Costello out as well? Or does he still get the chance?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Costello is a gutless wimp who was not prepared to do any hard work, expected to be just handed top job on a plate without asking the opinion of the voters. We are well rid of a person like that. Supposedly the business community will pay him millions to join them, but maybe they will realize he is worth nothing

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the party is out, Peter Costello will no longer be eligible to be in the cabinet.

• 1 decade ago

He is still the elected member for Higgins, and he said he will serve the full term as MP, but he is not interested in the job of the opposition leader (which I don't blame him)

• wombi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i think costello can still be leader of the liberals, but he has chosen not to take that role, i heard tonite someone with the surname turnbull has put his hand up for it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No he doesn't have a chance. You're dealing with two ideologies that are greatly opposed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.