Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 1 decade ago

How do you use star 67?

I don't know how to use star 67, so it blocks your phone number. Can someone explain this to me? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Normally, all telephone calls are accompanied by the identifying telephone number of the originating call, or caller.

People who have subscribed to CallerID service with their phone service will normally be able to see the CallerID number of the party calling them.

If you don't want the party you are calling to see your CallerID of the phone you are calling from, then use *67 to block the transmission of your phone number before placing a call. *67 blocks on a per call basis, only.

Star 67

hit 67

press 67

very good.

Now, is there a way to cancel or undo it?

I know it only applies to the next call, so it shouldn't be a big deal, but I just did *57 to track and report an incoming schmuck caller who just called and said nothing (at 6am Sat.; I know it's a robot, but he's calling you too, so i track em) but accidentally did *67.

Since none of us who use that phone are familiar with the *67 service, I don't want to get the next person's outbound call blocked or otherwise encumbered

hit star then 67

When you are typing in a phone number start with *67

Hit star button *67

Press star 67

* 67

press 67 before dial