If you had to choose Which would you give up, your Right to Pricacy or Repeal Roe v Wade???

To add to the debate the two are linked. Neither existed before Roe v Wade

Judge Blackmun wrote:

We, therefore, conclude that the right of personal privacy includes the abortion decision, but that this right is not unqualified, and must be considered against important state interests in regulation.

Update:

4th (no privacy is mentioned)

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Update 2:

VIII

The Constitution does not explicitly mention any right of privacy. In a line of decisions, however, going back perhaps as far as Union Pacific R. Co. v. Botsford, 141 U.S. 250, 251 (1891), the Court has recognized that a right of personal privacy, or a guarantee of certain areas or zones of privacy, does exist under the Constitution. In varying contexts, the Court or individual Justices have, indeed, found at least the roots of that right in the First Amendment, Stanley v. Georgia, 394 U.S. 557, 564 (1969); in the Fourth and Fifth Amendments, Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1, 8-9 (1968), Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347, 350 (1967), Boyd v. United States, 116 U.S. 616 (1886), see Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438, 478 (1928) (Brandeis, J., dissenting); in the penumbras of the Bill of Rights, Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U.S. at 484-485; in the Ninth Amendment, id. at 486 (Goldberg, J., concurring); or in the concept of liberty guaranteed by the first section of the Fourteenth

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As Bush says spare the babies kills adults we need soldiers

• 1 decade ago

Repeal Roe V Wade.

I'm not too worried about my right to pricacy. But then, since I don't know what my right to pricacy is, I'm not sure if I've ever used it. If I've never had it, I can give it up.

Since life ends when there is no brain function, life must begin when there is brain function, which is in between 4-6 weeks. By the time a woman realizes she is pregnant it is life. And since humans don't give birth to dogs, cats, or squirrels, the only thing it can be is a human.

• 1 decade ago

It has been my understanding that the right to privacy is based upon the 4th amendment to the Constitution.

Regardless, the right to live trumps all other rights.

• 1 decade ago

I would choose to keep the right to privacy, since logically it should include the right of a woman to have control over her own reproduction choices.

Btw, ABORTION IS NOT MURDER. NOTHING DIES IN AN ABORTION. IT'S NOT A BABY OR A HUMAN, IT IS A BALL OF CELLS. FFS RIGHT WINGERS GROW SOME BRAINS AND LEARN THAT.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If I was forced to choose - I'd give up the right to privacy. However, I would give up neither without a fight.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why would I need to give up either one? Since Roe V. Wade involves a woman's private right it seems to be unacceptable to do either.

• 1 decade ago

Id give up the right to privacy

• 1 decade ago

Since I am male, I have no "rights" under Roe v Wade...so let's get rid of THAT one !

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no brainer.... STOP THE MURDER OF THE UNBORN!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.