Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How do you write the sound of a dog panting in a word?

The best I have heard so far is "hu hu hu hu".

It's interesting the number of different ways of writing a dog's barking there are in different countries: woof (UK); arf (US), wong (Chinese). Add to this comparative list to if you want! :-)

Favorite Answer

"ah uh ah uh ah uh" Panting in and out.

The issue is that dogs are poor generalizers - it's not that the dog is "sneaky, greedy" etc, but that they have no intrinsic sense of morality or "rightness" and so only think something is "bad" if it has bad consequences. If it has never had bad consequences except with a human in the room, then how on earth are they to know that the rules still apply with the human out of the room? You need to train in such a way that corrections and rewards occur when the dog does not think you are present - i.e. hiding around the corner. Read here https://tr.im/byqI8

I personally owned a Labrador Retriever (read: chow hound) that could be left 6" from a hot dog in a sit-stay for half an hour and not touch it - the word was "mine" and it meant that you don't touch that, even if I am not in the room, even if whatever, you DO NOT touch that. You could leave a plate of food on the floor for hours and not only would she not touch it, she would also keep the other animals (dogs and cats) from touching it.

In all probability, these dogs studied were just not properly trained/proofed before the experiment. With "proofing" to set them up and catch them in the act to give

Dog Sound In Words

Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://biturl.im/aU8kV

A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.

• drb

I was trying to do what Dane Lover said, using both "hu hu hu hu" and "haa haa haa haa", and my dog looked up at me to see what was going on, then went back to sleep. So I guess the sticking the tongue out part makes it sound about right either way.

I think what you have already sounds about right.

I would say though that to me it's more like *Uh-hu Uh-hu* with *Uh* being the inhaling and the *hu* being the exhaling. As for the barking I see it written in books as *ruff*

Stick your tongue out and pant and see what it sounds like to you.

I don't think there realy is a way, to spell it like it sounds would be "Ha-ha-ha-ha" but that's not what you are after... you can just write, "Pant, Pant" on there... not sure what you need this for, or how it's supposed to be written, but you'll more have to describe the action instead of spelling it, I can't think of a way to spell that.

May I make a correction you added words to a green day song ,sorry. haha. But heres mine.. Its more of a really bad play script. ( Wednesday is a hopeless romantic) ( Grumpy is a grouch) ( Lorci .is Wednesdays date) Wednesday is about to go on a blind date with Lorci in the mean time he talks to Grumpy. Wednesday: " I believe in a thing called love" Grumpy: " Not I" Wednesday: " All you need is love" ( Wednesday's date arrives, and is amazed by the beauty of their date) Lorci: " I am the Walrus" Wednesday: " We can Work it Out" Lorci: " Wow, I can get Sexual too" Wednesday: " Whoa" Wednesday: " Take it Off" Grumpy : Stop it! ( Grumpy Pulls Wednesday aside) Grumpy: Why Do you Want Him? Grumpy: "I Want you" Wednesday: " Could you be Loved?" Grumpy: "I want you to want me" Wednesday: " I'm a Fake" Wednesday: " And I love her" ( Lorci) Grumpy: " Dammit" Grumpy: " I love you and Goodbye" The Darkness, Demon Hunter, The Beatles, Say Anything, Paramore, The Donna's, The Almost, Green Day, Bob Marley, Cheap Trick, The Used, Blink 182, Bring me the Horizon... haha this took me sooo long...and it sucks.

Yeah what esther said, Pant, lol.

Haah Haah Haah Haah Haah Haah.......

funny question

lol :)