Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

for spanish speaking people please help...what does "el gas pela" mean?

i hear this in lots of regageton songs,

especiialy the song Gas Pela by Nicky Jam

please help

Update:

please help!!!

i heard it inda song Gas Pela by nicky jam

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Javy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

OK, that's an expression used in Puerto Rico, means that if you do certain thing bad to someone that someone will not keep his/her arms crossed without doing something back to you. Is like if you are about to do something to somebody and that somebody knows so and another person tells to that one what you are about to do to the person you are gonna do something against to will say "dejalo a ver si el gas pela o no pela" Means leave her/him, let see what's happens. Is like saying let see if the fire burns or not.

The literal translation means lets see if the gas peels or not. That's also because years ago the gas for the torches was sold individually and the groceries stores used to sale it to people in different cans brought by the people kept for that purpose and because it was to strong if some of it wet your skin that pert of the skin got peeled like if you got burnt or something like that, like when you got overexposure to the sun.

This is an expression used just in Puerto Rico.

Source(s): 100% Puerto Rican and I live not far from the house of Daddy Yankee's cousin.
  • taketa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Gas Pela

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Strange expression. I don't know what the person who wrote the song meant to say, but the literal translation is "gas peels".. (?)

Source(s): L.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the gas peels

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i think its something about hair in the feminine sense because pelo is masculine, so pela must be feminine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.