By what outside means can I use to increase my local C: disk drive space?

I want to know what hardware I can buy to add to my computer to increase the maximum space on my local C: disk drive.

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    External Hard Drive

    google it

  • 4 years ago

    It's very easy to partition your disk when you install Windows. You didn't say if you had XP or Vista. I always create a 60GB for XP and 80GB for Vista. 10GB is much to small. You can get away with 40GB for XP but NO smaller than that. You never want the free space on the OS drive to be less than 50%. After that it will impact performance.A fast drive is an empty drive. With Vista you can increase the size with Disk Management. With XP you will have to reinstall or get a partition software program.

  • 1 decade ago

    I think you mean that you need more hard drive space. The C drive on windows is just the name of the partition that windows is on.

    you could buy an external hard drive and hook it up to your computer via usb port. the computer will recognize it as a mounted disk and you can save files onto it just as you would your regular hard drive, a thumb drive, or burn data to a cd-r

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    an external HDD or an internal one if you have room inside your computer for another drive

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    an external or an internal both can do the job.go for any one as per ur needs.external with usb2.0 sata II will be good .u can carry it any where work with it.

  • 1 decade ago

    If your primary HDD, C:\ was set to LVM then you can add a second HDD. Drive C:\ will expand to the second HDD.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.