titan vs tundra vs silverado vs F150 vs ram?

Ok here's my deal, time to get a new company truck, thats really just mine and I need to know whats the best, looking for a 4 door short bed 2008 something, and price isn't really an issue, I have had a lot of fords and now have a 2006 and I love it but I'm a little mad at ford for not changing one singe thing in 3 years on this truck, so whats the best truck for me to get give me the high's and low's of each and if possible any review online that has tested them against each other.

one more thing, I will only be towing a small amount and not very heavy, a 3 horse trailer every once in a while is all so mileage is a pretty big deal, mine now gets 14. anyways Thanks for you help everybody

Favorite Answer

i work for a company that has 100 vehicles,mostly chevy, we just bought two crew max tundras, they have lots of power and good gearing, they get 18mpg, i would prefer to spend the extra $3000 for a silverado with the duramax. we do have some fords and they spend more time in the shop than on the road, 6.0 liter diesels are junk

Silverado Vs Tundra

Tundra Vs Silverado

Okay....all you need to do is drive the tundra, and put your worries to rest

My family and I were loyal ford people, then our cargo van broke with 40,000...then the recalls with our f150. T-bird makes a weird noice when its cold, ect....

A couple of years back, we switched to toyota...best decision we made

Our first was a new 2004 tundra now with 98,000 miles....not one problem!

Then a used 99 tacoma that already had 76,000 on it, now with 250,000 and not one single problem...just the oil change every 3k miles

I just got my 05 tundra and love it! room for everyone and hace a 6 1/2 foot beed, bigger then ford

The only thing I don't like about it is the v8 engine with only 277hp....but the new 5.7L took care of that

The duramax is okay, but it was made for speed, not for towing...the 5.7 was made for towing and can tow more then anyone out there in the 1/2 ton trucks

Just drive one!!! You will be hooked

Source(s): Loyal toyota owner

my f150 has lasted 500000 miles. I have had a ram and Silverado and a tundra, fords interior may not be the best but is the most reliable not matter what anyone says

• Sheila

It depends on the exact car you're talking about but if you want an answer I suggest you take a look at consumer reports. According to consumer reports 6 of top ten list are Japanese brands I guess Toyota is first, accura second Lexus Honda Nissan and Mazda are also in the top ten. There are two German car-makers Audi and BMW. There are also 2 American ones Ford and GM I think.

Would not even consider an American truck, i just traded my 95 Nissan pickup for a sierra, and i have already had problems, i looked at all of the choices you mentioned and loved the Toyota but it was to much money for me i had to stay around 22 and for what i wanted the Toyota ran about 25 thousand, Chevy lookes good but gm products seem to start to fall apart after 20,000 miles, go for the Toyota.

• Evgeni

I suggest the Tundra

More power

More room

Great resale

The 5.7L Tundra just has so much more power than you would know what to do with a 1/2 ton. Take a look at three.....the Tundra, The Titan, and the Silverado or the Sierra and I think you will see the Tundra as the better, the more unique and the most impressive truck.

When I consider everything, I see it like this

1. Toyota Tundra Best

2. Nissan Titian

3. Chevrolet Silverado

4. Dodge Ram

5. Ford F150 Worst

I've driven all of them

I am not bias on brands of trucks, but I do have some facts for you that may help your decision.

If we're talking half ton crew cab:

The tundra with the big v-8 is the most powerful

The chevy is the fastest without a load

The titan comes with the most options standard

The ford is the quietest, but slowest of the bunch.

The Ram will be the cheapest, but the smallest cab.

The ford will be the most value in options.

The Tundra will have the highest resale followed closely by chevy.

The best overall bang for the buck is probably the chevy.

The Tundra is probably the best in performance, best resale, most manly design, but is still toyota's first attempt at a real truck, (pretty good one I'd say)

The Chevy is motor trend truck of the year by a couple points over the toyota.

My list would be:

Toyota

Chevy

Titan

Ford

Dodge

Check out the new Silverado/Sierra. Their recent redesign gives them an outstanding interior and fit/finish. The 5.3 has good mileage, but get the 6.0 if you want more horsepower or want to do lots of towing. I've heard they have also improved how well they ride(for a truck). Plus GM small block V8s seem to have good longevity(durability) and also get class leading gas mileage. And Yes, I'm a Chevy Fan. Good luck!