promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My newborn has a runny and stuffy nose..?

She has a 97.1 temp and is breastfeeding really well.. Is it just allergies because she looks red around the eyes too. What can I do to make her more comfortable?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Newborns do not have the immunities to have allergies. She probably has a cold. As long as she is feeding, peeing and not running a fever, I wouldn't worry. Breastfeeding is the best this you can do for her right now. Mae sure you are getting enough protein. Protein is what helps heal infections

Good luck and best wishes.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Joan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

My 5 week old has a stuffy nosse to..once he hasnt got a fever and it dosent move down to his chest well then he's fine. I'm just letting it run its course and ensuring i get any buggers out of her nose that are just at the beginning. I don't like using saline drops or anything like that and my gp informed me that the bulb isnt great for teir little noses as it can remove nostril hairs that are needed for the nose to clean itself. Good luck xx

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

her temperature sounds fine, however, if your questioning her health thats a sign automatically to call the pediatrician office and just ask....i'm not sure why she would have runny and stuffy nose, it is probably just allergies, but I would really call a pediatrician and ask.....

Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Take her to the Doc. My son has a lil cough and I took him just to keep it under control and so I can be at ease. They gave me medicine for him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Liz A
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If you concerned about your baby then go see a doctor. Don't get medical advise for an infant from people on the internet. Babies are too important.

• 1 decade ago

get saline drops, non Medicaid kind pit 2 drops in each side of the nose 3-4times a day and get a cold mist humidifier it will work wonders and best of all theirs no medication to help this!!

• 1 decade ago

well you could take her/him 2 a dr

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is probaly an allergy?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

how old is she? you might want to call your dr. and see what they want you do to.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.