A Quick Chuckle?

One Christmas Eve, a frenzied young man ran into a pet shop looking for an unusual Christmas gift for his wife. The shop owner suggested a parrot, named Chet, which could sing famous Christmas carols.

This seemed like the perfect gift. "How do I get him to sing?" The young man asked, excitedly.

"Simply hold a lighted match directly under his feet like this." was the shop owner's reply. Chet began to sing "Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! ..."

The shop owner then held another match under the parrot's right foot. Then Chet's tune changed, and the air was filled with "Silent Night, Holy Night..."

The young man was so impressed that he paid the shop-keeper and ran home as quickly as he could with Chet under his arm. When the wife saw her gift she was overwhelmed. "How beautiful!" She exclaimed, "Can he talk?"

"No," the young man replied, "But he can sing. Let me show you."

So the young man whipped out his lighter and placed it under Chet's left foot, as the shop-keeper had shown him, and Chet crooned, "Jingle Bells! The man then moved the lighter to Chet's right foot, and out came, "Silent Night. Holy Night..."

The wife, her face filled with curiosity, then asked, "What if we hold the lighter between his legs?" The man did not know. "Let's try it." He answered, eager to please his wife.

So they held the lighter between Chet's legs. Chet twisted his face, cleared his throat, the little parrot sang out loudly (like it was the performance of his life) "Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire...."

• Favorite Answer

Thank you for posting this!!

That was wayyy too funny!!!!

Because of this experience, Chet became very nasty and rude. He would curse and make fun of anyone who came near his cage. After telling him dozens of times to stop being so crude, his owner finally said -"OK that's it! I'm gonna put you in the freezer until you chill out!" And that's what he did. After an hour or so, the guy took Chet out of the freezer. Chet said "I am sorry. I realize I have been very bad, and I will stop, and never be rude again." He paused a moment and said "oh, by the way, what did the chicken do?"

Sounds like a personal story not a joke

I love that joke... but I heard it like 2 years ago... and it was much shorter when I heard it... like not even 30 seconds... oh well... I still love the joke.

that was really funny and if i weren't sick with the influenza I'd laugh really hard nice job

Nice one.

That was pretty funny. And you know it is when Meany laughs.

• polly wants a an extinguisher.lol

I guess your idea of quick and mine are quite different.

lol, I didn't expect that.

Good one. 10/10 + *