Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Now the Mets want to trade Estrada?

I read an article today saying the Mets may trade Estrada before he even puts on a uniform. What's the deal?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

This season will be a "wheel and deal" type of year due to a weak free agent market and increased communication between GMs.

• 1 decade ago

Johnny Estrada has too many questions. He's not a good fielder, is often-injured, and had an on-base percentage of .295 last year.

Now did you see the article was from the Baltimore Sun?

The Mets have a replacement for the Orioles at catcher if the O's will give the Mets Ramon Hernandez. The Mets believe Hernandez is a better player than Estrada. It's as simple as that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dont know, but I am a brewer fan, and Estrada only threw out 6% of base stealers last year, worst of all catchers. Plus he is getting older and was hurt alot, cant run. Wasn't a bad hitter when healthy though. I am glad the brewers will have a diff. starting catcher next year.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Omar is going to stockpile players to make him stronger when trying to lure in the big fish... (Santana ????)

I think he made the deal for Estrada so it wouldn't appear that he was desperate for a catcher. This now gives him some more bargaining power...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Think of it this way, it makes sense if it gets done.

We get rid of Mota, good because he sucked with us.

We get a starting catcher, just in case.

If we DO get Ramon Hernandez, we can use Estrada as a trading chip. We can throw him in deals.

So even if we dont get Ramon Hernandez, we still have a catcher.

It makes sense, and I hope it pulls through.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

estrada sucks and the mets could take another shot at Jorge Pasada

• 1 decade ago

None of this matters since he's not even controlled by the Mets.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that would be strange, do you have a link? Also- they may have masde the trade just so another team that wanted him can trade for him

• 1 decade ago

Hey anytime you can get a starting catcher for a shitty relief pitcher you do it everytime even if you don't want him someone will.

• 1 decade ago

There just makin moves to get other players, they know what there doing...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.