Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Now the Mets want to trade Estrada?

I read an article today saying the Mets may trade Estrada before he even puts on a uniform. What's the deal?

Best Answer

This season will be a "wheel and deal" type of year due to a weak free agent market and increased communication between GMs.

Johnny Estrada has too many questions. He's not a good fielder, is often-injured, and had an on-base percentage of .295 last year.

Now did you see the article was from the Baltimore Sun?

The Mets have a replacement for the Orioles at catcher if the O's will give the Mets Ramon Hernandez. The Mets believe Hernandez is a better player than Estrada. It's as simple as that.

I dont know, but I am a brewer fan, and Estrada only threw out 6% of base stealers last year, worst of all catchers. Plus he is getting older and was hurt alot, cant run. Wasn't a bad hitter when healthy though. I am glad the brewers will have a diff. starting catcher next year.

Omar is going to stockpile players to make him stronger when trying to lure in the big fish... (Santana ????)

I think he made the deal for Estrada so it wouldn't appear that he was desperate for a catcher. This now gives him some more bargaining power...

Think of it this way, it makes sense if it gets done.

We get rid of Mota, good because he sucked with us.

We get a starting catcher, just in case.

If we DO get Ramon Hernandez, we can use Estrada as a trading chip. We can throw him in deals.

So even if we dont get Ramon Hernandez, we still have a catcher.

It makes sense, and I hope it pulls through.

estrada sucks and the mets could take another shot at Jorge Pasada

None of this matters since he's not even controlled by the Mets.

that would be strange, do you have a link? Also- they may have masde the trade just so another team that wanted him can trade for him

Hey anytime you can get a starting catcher for a shitty relief pitcher you do it everytime even if you don't want him someone will.

There just makin moves to get other players, they know what there doing...