Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5?

Yay or nay?

Favorite Answer

Yay! it's free and does a decent job. Sadly there is so much spyware out there that no one utility gets them all. The great news is you can have more than one (unlike a firewall or anti-virus which you should only have ONE of installed on a pc) and there are other Anti-Spyware programs that give a free version to the public for home use. I recommend A-Squared Free and Spybot and if you do feel like paying for one Webroot SpySweeper.

Between the 3 (plus a good antivirus and firewall) you will have a squeaky clean system.

The only thing to watch for in Spybot is the innoculate feature its good but occasionally blocks something you need and you dont realize its blocked until much later. This option is voluntary though and undoable so you need not use it and it certainly takes nothing away from this great free software.

Hi

Definately yes, spybot search & destroy is one of the most best free softwares in the world, it has got top class security features, dont believe me read the reviews on this link. http://reviews.cnet.com/security-and-encryption/sp...

regards,

Raj

Technical Support Expert,

Desktops & Laptops,

Bangalore, India.

________________________

Research, Share & Resolve

(Kill Piracy, Help Software Community Grow)

• Vishal

I am using it but I wonder why it has suddenly become so slow to load it.