Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
What is normal distribution?
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
This is basically a statistic term, refering to a normal distribution Curve which present as an invert u-shape. Its characteristics are as follow :-
1. A normal distribution curve is theoretical distribution of most normal survey result and is plotted on a X-Y axis chart;
2. The curve is created from sampling data to represent the overall part picture of the population;
3. If we draw a line cutting the curve in middle veritically down to the x-axis, the x-axis value will be the Mean (i.e. statistically average) and also the Median (i.e. middle ranking);
4. Both left and right wing from the Mean would be the same shape and generally represent 50% of the result;
5. A normal distribution curve covers 3 Standard Deviation (that required must more explaniation) from the Mean and statistically represent 99%+ of the population.
This topic should at least a whole single chart of survey research. Email to me at email@example.com if you need further explanation.