I accidently put a hole in my blister?

Ok... so during gym we were doing archery and i got a blister on my pointer finger. I accidently put a hole in the blister and drained it out, but now (12 hrs later) the hole seems to have closed up and it filled with puss again... only this time it hurts really really badly. What should I do?

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Using a sterile instrument, like a pin or needle, re-pop the blister and drain it again. Then, pour a few capfuls of peroxide on it until it stops fizzing. Put a band-aid on it, and repeat the procedure everyday until all is well.

  • 1 decade ago

    Is it clear fluid? If so, its not puss but the fluid used to heal the blister. You shouldn't pop it again in case you make it worse.

    Soak it in warm water for 10-20 minutes and cover it with a clean small dressing and some anti-biotic cream.

  • 1 decade ago

    Pus from the wound is a sign that you have an infection.

    "Watch for a skin infection while your blister is healing. Signs of a skin infection include:

    Increased pain, swelling, redness, or warmth.

    Red streaks extending away from the blister.

    A discharge of pus or a honey-colored fluid.


    Swollen glands.

    A skin infection is more likely if:

    Dirt remains in a broken blister, cut, or scratch."

    Please see a doctor to have to it checked and treated.

    Best of luck and blessings.

  • 1 decade ago

    apply rubbing alcohol and lance it again....keep it clean and use some neosporin or other antibiotic cream.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    put peroxide on it?.....?

    that was a simple ?...............


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.