I accidently put a hole in my blister?

Ok... so during gym we were doing archery and i got a blister on my pointer finger. I accidently put a hole in the blister and drained it out, but now (12 hrs later) the hole seems to have closed up and it filled with puss again... only this time it hurts really really badly. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Using a sterile instrument, like a pin or needle, re-pop the blister and drain it again. Then, pour a few capfuls of peroxide on it until it stops fizzing. Put a band-aid on it, and repeat the procedure everyday until all is well.

Is it clear fluid? If so, its not puss but the fluid used to heal the blister. You shouldn't pop it again in case you make it worse.

Soak it in warm water for 10-20 minutes and cover it with a clean small dressing and some anti-biotic cream.

Pus from the wound is a sign that you have an infection.

"Watch for a skin infection while your blister is healing. Signs of a skin infection include:

Increased pain, swelling, redness, or warmth.

Red streaks extending away from the blister.

A discharge of pus or a honey-colored fluid.

Fever.

Swollen glands.

A skin infection is more likely if:

Dirt remains in a broken blister, cut, or scratch."

Please see a doctor to have to it checked and treated.

Best of luck and blessings.

apply rubbing alcohol and lance it again....keep it clean and use some neosporin or other antibiotic cream.

put peroxide on it?.....?

that was a simple ?...............

-shorty