Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Do i fall under these statistics...?

I got married at 17 and im now 19 and pregnant with my first. Do i fall under the "Teen Pregnancy rates" I mean technically i am Nine-"Teen" But also im still an adult. How do they determine these statistics? Is it kids in High school, Unwed couples, unstable couples? or how? It's just simply curiosity.. what do you think?

Heres to the first answer:

I don't consider anyone who gets pregnant over 18 (a legal adlut) considered a teen pregnancy but thats just my opinion, Im not everyone...

• Andrea
    Favorite Answer

Those are the statistics for teenagers...so yes that includes you...but the reason it is lower is because more people are waiting to have children later...you know those women who are having babies in their 30's and 40's....also, birth control today is much easier to come by, and sex education in schools is now more common. 20 years ago and 30 years ago this wasn't so, and birth control was very hard to get a hold of. So, while it is still VERY common for teenage pregnancies, the RATE has dropped. Hope that helped.

these statistics are not showing you as one of those teenagers that are in high school and drop out and all of that..it doesn't make you a poster child for those after school specials or anything....they are just statistics...no harm to you if you are a good mother and all of that good stuff. I was married at 19 and had my son when I was 22...so I was in the statistics for teenage marriage (and you hear all the bad stuff about that too...early divorce they say). But just don't let the statistics bother you, cuz that is all they are.

8 very chuffed 2 minnimum salary, college student besides the incontrovertible fact that, this heavily isn't the phenomenal attitude to get expertise in information, simply by fact that's volunteer maximum effective, it relatively is in all probability no longer representative of the inhabitants. additionally, you additionally can no longer get any people with an exceedingly low earnings (or none in any know) once you think approximately which you need to be surveying over the information superhighway all people with out sales will possibly no longer have a computing device.

hi i am 19 just turning 20 and i am 33 weeks pregnant with my first child. i dont see myself in the teen pregnany group as i am engaged and living with my partner of 3 years.

i dont think you should be worried about being in the teen group as you are mature and setled i think the teen is more for irrisponsible girls who get pregnant by mistake with no boyfriend or girls getting pregnant because hey think they want a baby at a young age.

i would say after 18 if you are in a relationship and everything is good a baby is perfectly normal.

these days more couples are staring families younger and there is nothing wrong with it.

i dont know if this is the answer you are lookig for but i hope it helps x

I think its rediculous that you would fall under a teen statistic! after 18 you fend for yourself!

I was 19yrs old (22 days from my 20th bday) when I had my twin girls. (they were due the day after my bday though)

it just irritates me that we would be placed into the same statistical catergory as a girl that is 15 having babies- at least at 19 I was married (for almost 2 yrs at the time) and we could actually afford to have kids! Not living in someone elses house! errrrr

Yes, I think you would fall under teen statistics, being nine-teen. And the statistics also state that you will have your second baby before age twenty-five. There's some food for thought.

I was 18 when I delivered baby #1, and the Doctor told me until I was 20, they put me in with the Teens.

Oh well, I didn't care.

You are a pregnant teen mother. Married or not, that does not change the fact. Why did your parents sign for you to get married so young? What was the rush? Just curious!

• ME

don't worry about it. Just be good mom that's all the matters. I had my first one at 18 second one at 21 and now I'm 27 having my third. I've been married for 9 years and we have been on our own the hole time. Just be good parents, screw statistics.

Source(s): mom of two and 26 weeks pregnant.

Well your married so that sets you apart completely. These stats come from inner-city youth that are drop-outs and homeless that are unstable and disfunctional so if you dont associate with any of these then you are definately not a stat. Good luck with the baby and marriage.;)

• Kim B

yes, if you have the baby in the hospital at 19 that is submitted a s a teen pregnancy, they dont differentiate between married and unmarried, that is done int he census.