Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

rick d
Lv 4
rick d asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

FDA still has a list of recalled pet food, the update appears to be from Oct 31 2007?

My main concern is because I just bought a bag of Nutro for my kittens, and it's on the list. Has the recall finished or what? By the way, the bag has a pretty strong smell, is that normal? The cats loved it since its the first time I feed them that, does anyone know what's going on?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi there again Rick...from what I have discovered on the FDA consumer recall website only Nutro canned goods-- listed here: http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/menu204_07.ht... -- have been placed on the recall. Dry food is not part of this recall. I hope this helps.

Source(s): Animal Trainer to domestic and exotic cats
  • 1 decade ago

I actually work for Nutro. First of all we recalled the CANNED food only voluntarily. That means we chose to follow suit as a precaution. None of our food hurt animals. Also, the dry was NOT affected. Our cans and pouches are now back on shelves and better than ever! Feel free to purchase any of our products because they are safe as can be.

P.S. Dont believe anything what you hear about our food being unsafe. Because it is. I have meetings with executives about this stuff every few months.

• 1 decade ago

http://menufoods.com/recall/index.html

This is the website for the big food recall. It has not been updated recently.

I have not seen or heard of another recall, but it is possible.

I lost my siamese in March from Iams wet food during the recall. If your cats are acting normal and eating well then they are probably okay. If you have any doubts, its never a bad idea to take them to the vet just in case.

• Jorjor
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

A lot of Nutro was recalled i think But I'm not sure it was the particluar formula you purchased.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i thought the recall was done, but be careful, i lost my cat because of the bad food recall. ask your vet.

• sky
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

recall ended now,but that food does smell

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.