Does anybody else believe that Estrada for Mota is one of the stupidest trade we will see for a while?

Are the Brewers complete retards?

Mota has played on 6 different teams (I wonder why...) in 9 years.

He is a TERRIBLE reliever without the 'roids which he is once on.

Estrada is 31.

Mota is 34.

Estrada is a all star and a silver slugger.

Estrada can completley own the Brewers with him in the lineup.

Estrada will easily get 85 or 90 RBI's in '08 with all the people who will get on base in the Mets lineup.

MOTA FOR.....ESTRADA?

Are the Brewers stupid or what for making this trade?

Best Answer

If the Brewers where stupid enough to make the trade i say let them suffer the consequences. At least the Mets are rid of that steroid user.

A win for the Mets, possible win for the Brewers as well. Mota couldn't get anyone out down the stretch. New York wasn't for him; maybe he'll do all right for someone else, but he didn't belong here. Took Minaya long enough to realize that, but better late than never.

Estrada looks good, and best of all, he's a catcher. Mets needed a catcher. Maybe a bit of a liability defensively, which scares me a little, but the catcher only matters defensively if you can't get the hitters out. Pitching comes first, and the Mets ditched a dud.

Good start on the hot stove. Resisted the temptation (again) to mortgage the future for Alex Rodriguez, held on to a fairly solid second baseman in Castillo, and held on to Alou again, who is still a great hitter. Worth the injury risk because there are good young backup options available. I'm liking that Carlos Gomez kid, especially if he really learns to hit.

Bottom line, good move for the Mets. Mota wasn't going to work, and Estrada might. Put that on a scale and see what you come out with.

Alright now i belive all your numbers and everything and im not saying your wrong but hear me out. I live in milwaukee and went to many brewer games. Johnny Estrada cannot throw out the garage. Runners steal on him all the time. He also barly got into the double digits in homeruns last year and had very low production. The Brewers are also planning to sign jason kendall to be our starting catcher, which is stupid in itself, but all in the same Estrada did not impress anyone in milwaukee last year and thats why they traded him. There bullpen was also very inconsistant and although Mota has not been the best, he is worth a try because we have the young talent on offense and pitching is needed to back it up, so Mota is what were going to try.

Actually,

Estrada 4th team in 6 yrs. your point? Brewers were not going to offer arbitration to him. There is a good chance Estrada won't even play for the mets. Mets are looking to trade and if they don't trade him they will probably non-tender.

The Brewers had the Kendall deal in the works and decided to get something for Estrada while they could. Estrada just couldn't get on base like they wanted.

first Jonny Estrada is going to split time with Castro. the brewers are stupid but the mets got them at the right time they are desperate for relief pitching . I'm a met fan i would have trade Mota for anything

i dont think it was a dumb trade, remember estrada got hurt a lot and he didnt throw out the baserunners like i think the brewers wanted, plus they are going after kendall

the team believes that mota can improve their bullpen, he has experience, which will be really helpfull since the brewers are so young, remember, last years collapse was due mostly to the fact the only scott linebrink, tony grafanino and craig counsel had any experience in pennant chases

Absolutely. Here's an easy way to prove Mota's one of the worst ever: He sucked even with the roids. Aren't steroids supposed to make you nasty? I guess Mota's an exception. When I heard it I thought it was just a rumor since it would be such a bad deal but once I heard it was a done deal, I went bonkers!!!

- Joba Chamberlain Jr.

After making that trade, is it any wonder why the Brewers haven't won a division title since 1982.

Yes Yes Yes and the Garland for Cabrera trade is right up there too its no wonder some teams don't win

it is a money thing the brewers knew going in to it that is why they a yard saling