Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 1 decade ago

What is hayley williams's [ of paramore] voice category, and avril lavignes?

i already asked this question, but only one person gave me an answer, so what is hayley williams [the lead singer of paramore] : a soprano, mezzo soprano or an alto and what is avril lavignes voice category: soprano, mezzo soprano or an alto?

Favorite Answer

I'd say Avril is an alto

I'd say both are sopranos, possibly mezzo sopranos. Avril Lavigne occasionally sings low alto pitches, but they're always half-spoken and sound very forced; if she were an actual alto, it wouldn't sound that forced and such. Her voice is most comfortable in the soprano/high mezzo range, same with the chick from Paramore.

Avril Lavigne

if i had to say i would say both are around mezzo soprano but both of them can hit all sorts of notes and they are probably trained to do so. so im not sure if either one actually fits in a category.

I'd say both Mezzo-sopranos. Peace and love. Be lucky.

most singers (like haley) have a wide variety of voices....so there isnt really one...she can hit the high notes...and the low noted