How would I get from Pittsburgh Airport to PNC Pirates Park?

I need directions via public transportation

Favorite Answer

It's really easy. From the airport, follow the signs to Pittsburgh (Route 60/Parkway West to 279N). Stay on 279N and go through the Fort Pitt Tunnel. Coming out of the tunnel, get into the far left lane. You will cross two bridges. After crossing the second bridge (Fort Duquesne Bridge), take exit 7B (North Shore). You will see Heinz Field to your left. Make a left onto Allegheny Avenue, which turns into North Shore Drive. You will go partway around Heinz Field. North Shore Drive leads you toward PNC Park.

Okay....public transportation from the airport is a *****. There aren't many buses that go out that far and you will have to either transfer Downtown or walk across the Roberto Clemente Bridge (a.k.a. Sixth Street Bridge) from Downtown (which is what I would do). Visit the port authority's Web site, which I put below. You can enter your starting and ending points and it will give you the buses you need to take. Or if you have a bit of money to spare, get a taxi from the airport. They are a bit more reliable.

Source(s): I work on the North Side near both stadiums. http://www.portauthority.org/