How is Full Tilt Poker legal?

How is playing for real money on full tilt poker legal? I thought that there was a law against online gambling. And does anyone know how difficult it is to get your winnings if you were to win?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ZCT
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Full Tilt Poker is legal because it is based in a foreign country that is not bound by American law. Since the Internet is an international network there is nothing to stop Americans from logging on to the service, and in a free country, neither should there be.

There is no law against online poker. Even the new law doesn't directly affect poker players.

Getting your winnings is very easy. Using a service like epassporte.com you can pull your winnings out any time and literally have the cash your hand in an hour.

Epassporte is like an online bank account. You can deposit money into it from your regular checking account, or by various other means. When you are ready to take money out, you have a Visa card you can use in any ATM around the world that takes Visa. You can transfer money in and out of your FTP account almost instantly. As soon as the transfer clears, you can go to an ATM and pull the money right out, transfer it into your checking account, or use the Visa card to purchase things, just like a debit card.

See the link for some clarification of online poker and the law (including the new law passed in '06).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The actual act of gambling for real money is not illegal. The illegal part is for banks to transfer funds direct to these sites. All this law does is make it more difficult to get funds in your account, but it can be done with prepaid Visa or epassport.

I have not had any issues in getting a check mailed to me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.