Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Why is Cris Collinsworth so smarmy?

Think about it football fans?

This guy crucified the NFL commissioner, the same commish who has handled morons like Michael Vick and Adam Jones very even handed and gave them worthy punishments, and handled down the ultimate punishment to a franchise for breaking league rules and he STILL hammered down on him with Bob Costas. They're not Roger Goodell. They are employed by NBC and HBO to head up their sports departments. Not to run the most popular American sport right now.........

Now after the Bills were pummeled by the Patriots Collinsworth is like "This team is going 19-0", like he had this look of 'I told you so' when he lambasted them as pieces of s*it and took the matter SO personally a mere month and a half prior.

Anyone else see where I'm going with this or are you going to make excuses and provide stats over how great a player he was in his heyday?

Not more than Troy Aikman. Honestly, Collinsworth didn't play for Vince Lombardi, even though he acts like it.

I actually like Dan Marino too.......

Mike,

I like Randy Moss too, but what he did when he was on Minnesota with that simulated mooning was beyond bush league and just foolish. So what if Buck spoke out against it?

I don't like Joe Buck, but he does have a good voice.......and Moss was a p*ick, but he was certainly been a HUGE asset to the Patriots and will likely win MVP of the Super Bowl (I know that's a tall order and kind of rude to predict with three months of the season left but the Patriots are doing something I don't think ANY sports fan has seen.......

What's the big deal? Buck does fawn no question, but mostly it was over the New York Yankees.

Buck called Moss out on how retarded he was acting. Buck doesn;t have any morals, he comes off equally as a self-important as Cris Collinsworth does, but at least Buck can broadcast.......

Ok Forrest Gump's great ancestor if you're so damn saavy, you play Dick Ebersol and schedule your broadcasters.

I guess you like Jim Rome too huh?

Says something about me? That comment alone makes you look more of an *** than intended patronized victim.....sorry to say

BTW, when did Bret Favre became the Dane Cook of the NFL. You know, FAWNED OVER???

Favre is very cocky........Don't kid yourself Forrest's great grandpappi....

Favorite Answer

you just wanted to say smarmy didnt you.

he is smarmy, but at least he says what he thinks and isn't afraid to upset anyone. he was the best color-guy out there when he was doing games because he would berate coaches for calling horrible plays and blast the officials for making terrible calls - that's probably why he's not in the booth anymore. instead we get listen to Joe Buck fawn over Bret Favre and Tony Romo and be our moral leader infusing the evils of Randy Moss.

EDIT- sox, can't help it, I hate Buck - as far as the Moss things go, in GB they moon the visiting bus when they come in, Randy was just giving it back. But I mostly hate Buck for his baseball coverage - as a Red Sox fan, you can just see him and McCarver seething everytime the Sox win another game, they can barely hide it. I just don't like the guy and his holier than thou attitude.

plus, even when he was blasting the Pats and Goodell's punishment, he said as early as week 3 that NE was perhaps the best team he had EVER seen - and he got killed on NBC by the other idiots for saying so.

What can I say about this smarmy Cris Collinsworth. Onetime, he said that, the Pats should forfeit 1 playoff game because of the Spygate. Hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh???? Says what??? If you forfeit a playoff game, your season is over. This is an NFL playoff, not NBA or MLB...has a 5 or 7 games serie.

I see where you are going with this and I dislike many commentators for this very reason. Their opinions do a complete turn around from week to week and, luckily for them, most people don't pay attention or remember what they've said.

And, excellent use of the word Smarmy. Wish I could give you a high five for that one.

He is a chicken head idiot WR who played for a crappy Cin team! I have no idea why he is even on TV. He has always slammed the Pats, so he definatly does not know anything about football. Now if he is on the bandwaggon, I would push him off of it onto his face as we pull away!

People talk smack. These guys get paid for it. You dont have to like it, but you dont sign his paycheck. Personally I think the guy is a butt head.

Flip- Flopper, Make up your mind!

He is two-faced. But, all commentators are. They are the ultimate bandwagon fans.

i agree with you that he is smarmy but i will say the man has more football knowledge than many of the other experts you see on tv when you watch football

hes ridicules********