What are some of the unique ways you’ve discovered some of your favorite bands?

Ministry – I found a tape cassette of With Sympathy in a desk during 4th period chemistry in high school. Never heard of them prior to that point. Since possession is 9/10 of the law, I took it home to listen to. Of course, it blew me away. This album was so ahead of its time, even though Al was trying to fake... show more Ministry – I found a tape cassette of With Sympathy in a desk during 4th period chemistry in high school. Never heard of them prior to that point. Since possession is 9/10 of the law, I took it home to listen to. Of course, it blew me away. This album was so ahead of its time, even though Al was trying to fake a British accent.

Genitorturers – This friend of mine in Tampa was raving about a local band during the early 90’s. They sounded interesting enough but I had trouble finding their music. So, I forgot about them for a while. A couple years later, I stumbled upon 120 Days of Genitorture at a used CD shop down in Key West, the least likely place to find much of anything other than Jimmy Buffet.