Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

where did j.k rowling get her ideas from?

does anyone know?

i'm sorry but i actually dont think that they talk like normal teenagers. but maybe that's just because i ain't british. australian teenagers dont talk like that at least.

Favorite Answer

J. K. Rowling hereself quoted; "I haven't got the faintest idea where my ideas come from, or how my imagination works. I'm just grateful that it does, because it gives me more entertainment than it gives anyone else."

In 1990, while she was on a four-hour-delayed train trip from Manchester to London, the idea for a story of a young boy attending a school of wizardry "came fully formed" into her mind.

"I really don't know where the idea came from," she said, "It started with Harry, then all these characters and situations came flooding into my head."

I hope this answers your question...

Cheers ;)

• Orla C

All kinds of sources. Plus listening to how ordinary teenagers talk, I think that their ordinary dialogue combined with the vivid and imaginative imagery and storylines are what make the Harry Potter series so successful.

JK Rowling gets her ideas from that font of ideas...JK Rowling.

JRR Tolkien

Stole them from Terry Prattchet perhaps??

someone pointed out that her plot line was remarkabley like star wars, think about it.

probably her concious!!