Foosball noise: can anything be done?

My new neighbors have a foosball table and they like playing it every evening. While I'm happy for their enjoyment, the noise is incredibly annoying and the constants clicking and rolling of the ball is really bothering me. I was wondering if there are any "quiet" balls that I might be able to buy for them , or any other ways of making their game quieter.

Favorite Answer

There are a few things that can make the game quieter:

- use a cork ball (e.g. http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/bonzcorkb... ), but of course this changes the playing characteristics quite a bit

- stuff mouse mats into the goalmouth to muffle the sound of goals

- similarly, put each of the table legs on a mouse mat, or similar, to stop the reverberations traveling through the floor

Good luck!

Paul

Here's a way to make their game quieter. Walk over to their house and say "QUIT PLAYING THAT ******* GAME! YOU'RE PISSING ME OFF! IF YOU DON'T QUIT PLAYING I'M SHOVING THE WHOLE TABLE UP YOUR ***!" or something like that. Don't be afraid to yell at them about it.