Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificMalaysia · 1 decade ago

why airplane dont have brake just like the car have?

so, the airplane can suddenly stop every time an eagle come across the airplane's path...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • booyah
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you are funny...i know u are a smartie pants very interesting Q and good respond too. star for u

• 1 decade ago

Because breaks usually attached to the wheel. When the airplane is flying the wheel is not attach to the ground, so no matter how you push the break paddle, it wouldn't stop. And I'm sure no one would dare to get on the airplane if it suddenly stops in the air.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

becos the cost of stopping the plane immediately can not be justified by the its benefit.

there are many other costs involve like

a) maintaining the plane in the air when it stops

b) protecting the people in the plane when it stops immediately

c) strengthening the plane structure to withstand the great force

d) building in the cost of power consumption and weight of the 'stopper'

etc etc etc ....

btw the way, planes are built for speed not maneuverability. If you want the latter (i.e. to brake) go for choppers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Airplane have brakes la..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well.. i think airplanes do have brakes.

well that eagle shouldn't be flying in front of the plane anyways.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hahaaahahahaha ... woi gile ... who said airplane don't have break? ... by the way ... airplane don't need an air-break because eagle can break before they crash the airplane ... how do i know eagle got break? ... i know la ... haha

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wow great thinking why won't you e-mail that question to Boeing or Lockheed think they might do it in their 2008 models, dumb ***

air planes got brakes but only work while its on the ground, only a couple of fighter jets can stay in one place while on air, but they can to sudden stops

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

do you know airplanes dont have reverse gear?

so the airplane doesnt have to care who is behind its back...

• 1 decade ago

no need.

everytime eagle or garuda or swan or chicken came across, the plane just shout arrogantly 'wey! wey! tepi2..gua nak lalu..tak nmpk gua sgt besar?? langgar kang? huh! '

hmm..cmtu la..so,save cost on gear wot so ever..and all the animal or alien who came accross definitely will lari ketakutan..so,no crash will hepen. everyone live hepily ever after..

sekian.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

said who?? airplane does have a brake, if you dont believe me.. ask a pilot...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.