Wireless Network Problem. D-Link USB Adapter. Sends and receives packets, aquires ip... still no internet.?

My brother initially had a working internet connection, in which he used to cram his PC with as much spyware and virus' as he could. So formated. After formating i reinstalled the drivers to his DLink Wireless USB Adapter. The internet worked for long enough for me to download AVG Intivirus, and RocketMP3. I... show more My brother initially had a working internet connection, in which he used to cram his PC with as much spyware and virus' as he could. So formated. After formating i reinstalled the drivers to his DLink Wireless USB Adapter. The internet worked for long enough for me to download AVG Intivirus, and RocketMP3. I promptly shut down his computer afterwards. The next day he calls saying that the internet doesnt working. Will not connect to RocketMP3 or browse the internet.

The computer connects to the network, aquires a valid IP Address, sends and receives packets, all programs (RocketMP3 and Internet Explorer) will not recognize the connection.

Any suggestions?