Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Will Tim Teebow be a great nfl quarterback?

He is the only qb to rush for 20 touchdowns and throw for 20 touchdowns. There probably is only 2 running backs in college football with more rushing touchdowns. I dont even think vick or mcnabb had 20 rushing touchdowns. Can you see Tim Teebow being in the nfl as a great quarterback?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Maybe a great CFL quarterback but not NFL

To early to say. If he declares himself for the draft, then he could be labeled as a projected QB and be drafted very late in the draft. I think he will be converted to be an H-back or wide receiver. History has it against him so far. Michael Vick really never developed into a passer, Eric Crouch was a running quarterback and didn't even last 2 years in the NFL (refused to play any position other in QB).

McNabb doesn't run as much and won games by throwing the ball and making plays. Steve Young ran early in his career but later on threw the ball...won a Super Bowl.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He has to prove that he can win games by ONLY throwing the ball because he'll get hurt running like now in the NFL. Personally, right now I think that Matthew Stafford is a much better prospect. But Tebow sure has a riduculous amount of talent that I won't be surprised if he becomes a great pocket passer by his senior year.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Running five yards for a touchdown doesn't make him a great or, for that matter, even a fair quarterback. Quarterbacks aren't hired to be runners, they're hired to direct the offense and lead the team to a win.

• 1 decade ago

Can't tell for now.

He is a high prospect for the next NFL Draft.

He might be like Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf or Rick Mirer, who were prospected as high NFL prospects at the Draft and were gonna be great QB's, now we don't know anything about them.

Or he can be as good as Manning or Brady, but who knows?, only time will tell

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who knows? Rick Mirer and Ryan Leaf were supposed to be great NFL quarterbacks, but they didn't take. Who would have thought Tom Brady would make a great NFL QB? College success doesn't always assure NFL success. Sometimes it does (Peyton Manning, Drew Bledsoe, etc) and sometimes it doesn't.

• 1 decade ago

no hes great for college but the nfl is at a level were u need to be able to pass good and i dont think tebow will be good in clutch situations but he could work on his throwing more and become a throw first qb with a great ability to run to then he will be good

• 1 decade ago

If he works hard, then yes. He is behind some other QB's coming out of college because of the scheme Florida runs. No pro team runs it. He has all the physical tools, so he has a shot for sure.

• 1 decade ago

the nfl wants to know how many balls can you throw, 20 is not the most impressive passin, tod reaing from kansas is a nfl type qb, mizzous qb, tebow might be in lets say 2 years.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not unless he stops running and focuses on passing. rushing dominant QBs dont last long.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think he will be. He's still got a few more years to mature and then he will be a 1st round pick for sure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.