Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

Remember PF Flyers? How about Keds?

If you still wear tennies today, who makes them?

I really enjoy learning things here. I had no idea they still made these brands. I thought Keds and PF Flyers disappeared years ago with the advent of the sport shoe or whatever they are called today.

Best Answer

Yes and Poll Parrot that make your feet run faster -- as fast as poll could fly. Now, what little bit I wear tennies it's usual the cheapest thing I can buy -- probably rejects from some company ashamed to brand them.

• tedrow

Keds Pf Flyers

I have three pairs of Keds. Even my 20 year old granddaugter loves Keds. Vans canvas shoes are made in Orange, CA where I lived for 30 years. They were favorites of my three sons when they were young. I havn't seen PF Flyers for a long time.

• CJ

Keds are still available - at Sears and local convenience stores at the lake! Do not know about PF Flyers - haven't seen them around for a while!

I remember them. My daughter and I liked the Keds. My husband said he wore the PF Flyers. Now he wears Reebok and I usually wear the little white canvas Hanes or the store brand ones.

• kriend

My children, now in their 30's loved the Converse shoes they wore as teenagers. When the company reissued them again 2 or 3 years ago, they were most happy.

I bought Keds for 3 Grandsons last year. They were the traditional black with the white soul.

• Dinah

Yep, wore them both, and yep, they can still be found, but for Keds, they're just not made with the kind of support needed at this age. Ones I wear are FANTASTIC. They're Avia, come for both men and women. To buy a brand name made the same for both sexes is a bad idea. There are vast differences.

My pair are designed for heel spurs, have a terrific vitalizing effect, and are lightweight enough.

Source(s): Avia designer on Oprah show years ago.
  • judy b

I remember having Keds when I was a kid. Do they still make them?? That's right up there with going to the shoe store and getting Buster Brown shoes. My Mother thought it important that we had shoes that fit right.

"Take care of your feet or you'll regret it when your older"

Of course she said the same thing about your back and every other body part! Now that I'm getting older, I think she may have been right.

Keds are still around and most popular with girls and women...I have a red pair and a yellow pair for summer!

A couple years ago high top red Keds became a fad with the pre teen set!

I wear Reeboks otherwise

• Moe

Sure do, that's all my brothers wore. Still around today. Then Converse High-top came out and they changed to them.

I don't usually ware shoes inside, but if it is winter and real cold I do have a pair of regular old what I call boat shoe tenny's, just to keep my feet dry from the rain.