False negative pregnancy test?

I am 5days late & I checked my calender & for the past year I have not been more then 2 days late at a time. Ive tested 3 times & all came up negative. I already have a daughter & with her I tested the day after my period was supposed to show & Got an instant Positive. I know some woman only show through blood. So is it possiable even though i Had a quick pos from my 1st pregnancy that This time around i can be getting a false negative?

Best Answer

Wait another week and test again if your period hasn't come. HCG levels vary. Best wishes :)

Sometimes HPTs can be false due to human error. Birthright and Planned Parenthood will do tests for free. Its also anonymous. If nothing happens in the next week or so go to your OB/GYN and ask for a quantitative blood test. A quant will show the amount of hormones in your blood so if you are positive you'll know how far along you are.

Try to remember that things other than pregnancy can cause you to be late and to show other symptoms. Good Luck!

Each pregnancy is different.

False negatives are the most common "false" on a pregnancy test. Blood tests don't lie though. Go to your doc and get tested.

of course it might just mean ur hgc levels might be to low for a pregnancy test to determine if ur pregnant or not..wait a few more days then try again and if by then ur period hasnt came and ur still getting negatives get a blood test done good luck

A false negative is ALWAYS possible...the only way to be sure is to get the blood test.

A false negative is always possible. Wait another week and if you're still not menstruating, make an appointment with your doctor. Best wishes!

I would wait another week, and if you still haven't gotten your period and the test is showing up negative...make an appointment with your ob/gyn. Another underlying health problem may be to blame!

It's possible. The only way to be sure is to have your doc do a quick blood test.

The tests are pretty accurate these days, most likely you are not pregnant, if you don't get a period soon, get another preg test in another 2 weeks.

It is possible, but 5 days out it is unlikely. There are many factors that can cause period to be late. Go see you Gynecologist and get checked out to see if there is a reason why.

Best of luck!!!